You’re out on a hike, maybe a backpacking trip or your out camping and low and behold you run out of water. You’re parched and in need of something to drink. You come across some water but you don’t have a water filter and you really don’t want to tempt fate and end up with giardia or some other water borne illness. What do you do?
That’s when the LifeStraw® comes in handy. This lightweight, simple, and easy to use personal water filter will keep you out of dire situations like that.
J-Man and I had the opportunity to try out this practical piece of gear and we love it. It’s a no brainer when it comes to using the LifeStraw® . Flip the lids on both end, place the filtered end of the straw in the water and drink as if you were using a regular straw. As J-Man would say…easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Just like that! You can also fill a bottle full of water and place the LifeStraw® in it to drink.
- Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. LifeStraw® uses hollow fiber microfiltration technology to remove up to 99.99999 percent of waterborne bacteria and 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan cysts to provide clean, safe potable water.
- At only 2 oz., Lifestraw is ideal for hiking, camping, running, traveling, working out, sporting events and more, all the while ensuring you’ll have 1,000 liters of clean water right in your pocket.
- LifeStraw® has been designed to last. The filter is made of durable plastic, is chemical-free, and does not require electrical power, batteries or replacement parts; it is powered by user-generated suction.
- It removes virtually all bacteria and protozoa parasites that can contaminate water, and it reduces muddiness by filtering out particulate matter.
- Swiss-based company Vestergaard originally introduced LifeStraw® as an emergency response tool and it has been used by millions of victims of floods and earthquakes. LifeStraw® has also been used to fill the need for safe water in non-emergency situations in developing countries.
LifeStraw® is definitely a piece of gear that everyone should have on hand. Throw it in a backpack, leave one in your car or keep it in your survival kit. You’ll never have to worry about having filtered water in a dire situation. It’s been added to our outdoor essentials list.
Win a LifeStraw®!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The LifeStraw® product and information have been provided by Vestergaard. Giveaway is open to US residents only. You must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway begins July 21, 2014 and ends July 26, 2014 at 12am MST. A winner will be chosen by random and announced the following day. An email will be sent to the winner to claim their prize. The winner has 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.